Followers

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Looking Back and Forward

So February’s here. Looking back at January, I did a few things, failed at a few things. Let’s scrutinise this in the following paragraphs.

Writing every damn day didn’t happen. I wrote on most days, yes, but not every damn day. On some days, I couldn’t because I was away from home for busy-ing reasons and couldn’t get time in front of the laptop to type out my thoughts, or couldn’t find any wifi around, so didn’t bother typing anything. There were there times when I simply didn’t have anything to write about, and after staring at a blank page for some time, fell asleep in front of the laptop to wake up the next day, having to rush to work. It all comes down to bad planning and bad time management.

But it ain’t all that bad, as much as I want to put myself down and see myself as a pathetic little piece of poop. Within the month of January in the year 2015, I have updated the blog the most times within a month throughout this blog’s existence (20 times), so that’s progress, right? All’s I got to do is be more focussed and determined in the next months to surpass even that within this next month.

It won’t be easy though. February will bring about a few things that shall make it difficult for me to get in front of the laptop to write regularly. Okay, I’m exaggerating, but there’ll be a couple of weekends that’ll be busy for me, namely the weekend in which one of my good friends will be getting married way out in Johor as well as the weekend when my book shall be published (28th of February!) at Kinokuniya, KLCC. I might also be attending Englishjer’s EJ Camp that same weekend, but we’ll see how that one goes. I sure hope I am able to make it though.

On the songwriting front, I uploaded 7 original songs onto my SoundCloud ( www.soundcloud.com/inianwarhadi ) throughout the past month, averaging almost two tracks per week, which isn’t too bad. It falls short of my goal of one song every three days, admittedly, but I’m not too bummed out about it. I honestly felt that I would never be able to write songs as regularly as I have this past month, but look at me, writing songs anyway. I feel like I’m getting better at it now, but I’ll let you be the judge of that.

However, my reading every damn day has taken a terrible fall. Terrible terrible terrible. I haven’t been reading as much as I should, on some days not at all, and this is absolutely bad. I must must get my head back together to sit down everyday and flip through those few pages that’ll open up my mind, make me think, make me learn and hopefully make me a better person. I’ve been on the same book for weeks now, and it’s about time I plough through it.

*

In February, the goals will be about the same as the last month, with the addition of making the Book Club idea happen. Looking over the calendar, it might just happen on the 21st or the 22nd of February. If it does happen, you can be sure that I’ll write about it. If you don’t know what the Book Club idea is, you may read about it here: http://anakazman.blogspot.com/2014/12/a-book-club-idea.html

So, in February:
- read every damn day
- write every damn day
- upload two new songs every week
- make Book Club Idea happen


May you have a good month ahead!

1 comment:

Pe-nekan. said...

Bro, we might have the same resolutions for this 2015. Just the different, you already started the 'song-making' resolution. Haha I just don't have the time to do the song-making. Anyway, you inspired me.