Followers

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Mesin Gan

So my brother came back home for the weekend, and we ended up making a song. If you want to hear the song, click here to open it in a new tab. The lyrics to the song are as follows:

Anwar:
Petiklah sejambak kata
bina suatu yang belum wujud dalam dunia
gerakkan badan dan minda semua
yang sedang tekun menadah telinga
ceritakan kepada mereka
apa yang terbuku dalam sukma
pastinya tak mudah
tapi dalam pergelutan ada rahmatnya
bila difikirkan ditanya
apa tujuan aku berada
disini di alam fana
dimana semua sementara
kumasih disini menunggu untuk kembali kepadaNya
kupasrah
biar apa terjadi pun ku tetap berserah

Aqmal:
Izinkanku keluar semua
alangkah mudahnya jika kita
semua diberi peluang kedua
biar putih tulang
curahkan, tempuhlah
kutetap tebalkan
poket ku kebal dan
iman pun nak kental
nak lawan kan dajjal
biarkan tertinggal
kuambil mesin gan
tewaskan sikap melepas batuk di hujung dunia.

***

I like making songs with my brother. He's one of the more talented people I know when it comes to writing songs and lyrics. He's definitely miles ahead of me, at the very least. Just look at his part compared to mine. So much more poetic and creative in his choice of words and the way he manipulates phrases. I especially like the "melepas batuk di hujung dunia" bit at the end there. A stroke of brilliance, that. He even made up the guitar parts. All I did was hit record and write my own weak piece of lyric.

As far as lyric-writing is concerned, my brother's the benchmark I put for myself. I have to be able to write as well as he does. Anything less is just plain disappointing. I do understand that I don't want to write like him. There's no fun in trying to make the same stuff other people do. I just want to write as well as him. It won't be easy, and it'll take a lot of practice for someone as untalented as I am, but I'll have to go through all that if I'll ever hope to be any good at this thing I've set my sights on.

No comments: